Membership of the Society
Membership of the Society is open to any person or corporate body having an interest in or connection with the Kingdom of Bhutan and wishing to support the Aims of the Society.
Bhutanese citizens visiting or studying in the United Kingdom are normally eligible for Honorary Membership of the Society (no fee).
Please click here to download a membership application form in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf file).
To view the membership application form you need the Adobe Acrobat reader software which can be downloaded here.
The Society's annual membership fees for 2020 are:
Individual Life: £600
Household membership is for two people living at the same address who are happy to receive one newsletter.
There is an initial joining fee of £10 for new members, plus the annual fee. The joining fee is waived if members pay via standing order.
Activities and Membership Benefits
- A varied programme of talks and events at intervals throughout the year on a range of topics relating to Bhutan.
- Opportunities for members to meet together socially, including an Annual Dinner, normally held in the Autumn in London.
- Opportunities to meet and offer hospitality to Bhutanese visitors and students in the UK.
- Members receive the Society's Newsletter which is currently produced several times per year.
- The Society has set up a Charitable Trust to support projects in Bhutan in education, health and with disabled and vulnerable people - see The Trust Fund.
How to joinPlease send in your completed/scanned application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Rosie Glazebrook, Bhutan Society Membership, 82 Sterndale Road, London W14 0HX.
Most members set up a standing order for annual subscription directly with their bank or pay by direct bank transfer. Please request a reference number if you would like to do this from email@example.com
For cheque payment, please make your cheque payable to The Bhutan Society of the UK and post with your application form to the above address.
Overseas members please note that subscriptions are payable in Pounds Sterling - either with a cheque drawn on a UK bank or in cash. However, if this is impossible, we can also accept Euros cash and US$ cash.
The annual subscription is due every year on January 1st and those joining between October 1st and December 31st will be granted membership for the full following year.
If you have any questions or queries please contact the membership secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org